Thursday, July 1, 2010

the first return

I'm in Bethel. Sitting, with internet, listening to my sister and our friends play music, ordering food, wearing flannel, seeing old and meeting new friends. And I've just been here for 3 hours.

The wedding that brings me here also serves some other functions. I'm moving some of my stuff over, mostly just my Carhartts and hoodies. I'm potentially putting it out there to the Bethel community that I need a job.

I was nervous to come. What if, after a year back in the "real world", I didn't fit in anymore in this little town in the tundra?

Um, the plane arrived. I walked into the airport. I looked for my sister...didn't see her. And then I saw Chris, an old friend, who walked up to me and gave me the best hug of my life. Yes.

I belong here.

Love, Bethy

1 comment: